Sunday, May 11, 2014

Strawberry Shortcake Parfait-Under 100 calories!

First of all, Happy Mother's Day! I hope all you mom's out there are having the best, most relaxing day!  

Today's recipe came to me after dinner a few minutes ago and I had to post it immediately! As you all know, it's strawberry season.  I have been getting the best strawberries lately and it inspired me to do something with them.  I've also been doing a pretty strict cleanse, so I have been craving something sweet all day.  

This recipe is very simple, very light, and very pleasing.  I will confess now before you read on, I did use a can of whipped cream from the dairy section in this recipe.  It has 15 calories, 0.5 fat grams and 1 gram of sugar.  Sure, it's not "healthy", but it's not unhealthy either.  :) There, I justified it! 

Ready for the teaser? 




Yes, it looks too good to be true! I know! I was shocked too when I did the math!

Ready for the recipe?


Cleaner Strawberry Shortcake Parfait:

Yields: 5 cupcake size shortcakes

·         1 cup oat flour
·         ½ cup almond milk
·         1 tsp. of vanilla
·         ¼ tsp. of baking soda
·         1 tsp. of baking powder
·         2 tbsp. agave nectar
·         1 tsp. lemon zest


What you will need in addition to these baking ingredients are:

  • Fresh sliced strawberries
  • 1 can of whipped cream from the dairy section


Line a muffin tin with 5 wrappers.

Mix all ingredients and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.

Done!




1 parfait consisting of 1 shortcake cupcake, 4 tablespoons of whipped cream from a can, and 3 strawberries sliced = 96 calories! 0 saturated fat! 6.6 grams of sugar! 2 grams of protein! 


The lemon zest in these cakes is heavenly! It adds a nice fresh flavor that you can't leave this ingredient out! I even suggest adding a touch of the lemon juice to the batter as well. Also, I cut my shortcake cupcake in half and added a few little bits on top as you can see:)
Under 100 calories! 0, yes that's a zero, saturated fat! Wow!

As always, enjoy friends!! I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment