Saturday, March 8, 2014

IceCream Sandwiches-Made Cleaner For You!

Hello everyone.  It's been a crazy busy week with school midterms and starting the marketing for our next Crazy Good Adventure family camp that's in May.  It's so much work and so much fun at the same time.  I have a list of upcoming blogs to post, but today I want to share my newest obsession-IceCream Sandwiches! Yes.  You read that correctly.   IceCream Sandwiches-cleaner style!
I follow a few different vegan blogs for inspiration among other food blogs to pull ideas from to create cleaner recipes from what they post from time to time. 

Anyway, as my toddler naps and my husband watches college basketball, I am giving you all your next recipe and new obsession. Trust me. It's ridiculous good.



There's not much to this recipe really.  It's super simple, affordable, and super healthy.  I have eaten these cookies by themselves and with the 'icecream" in the middle and enjoy them both immensely!

Ingredients:

Cookie:

  • 1 cup of ground oats-oat flour
  • 3 tbsp. of virgin coconut oil
  • 3 tbsp. of agave nectar (I'm sure honey would taste great too)
  • 3-4 tbsp. of cocoa powder (the more the darker the flavor)
Take all ingredients, throw them in your food processor or you can stir by hand, mix it up, and it will form a dough like consistency.  Once it does, just roll them into a ball, and flatten like a cookie.  Put on a piece of wax paper, foil, baking sheet, plate...whatever.  Then refrigerate for 15-30 minutes-cookies!

"Icecream":

3 tbsp. of virgin coconut oil
3 tbsp. of peanut butter (almond butter would work too)
2 tbsp. of agave ( or honey )
1/4 tsp. of vanilla
1 ripe banana
3 tbsp. of milk of choice

Throw all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend.  Once done, line a muffin tin with tins, fill each cup up about 1/3 of the way. Freeze for 2 hours or until frozen.  This recipe will make 6-7 icecream cups.

Once both components of the icecream sandwich are complete, layer it up and eat!!! I also ate the icecream layer on its own and it's ridiculous.  I think you could easily pour this icecream mix into a DIY popsicle maker and make icecream pops out of them.  As a matter of fact, I am going to do that myself in a bit! Yummy! It's super healthy.  I GUARANTEE you it will fix your craving for icecream. I seriously guarantee it. :) 


While making this cookie, I also thought to myself that while it's in its dough like form, all crumbly, it would make a delicious topping to just a bowl of the "icecream".  I posted in January my recipe for banana "nicecream" and this is very similar to that.  If you would like to create a vegan recipe from this version, then swap out cows milk for almond.  It's that simple :)


I sincerely hope you try this one out! Especially with the warm weather approaching.  It will be perfect for those warm summer days where you want to bake cookies, but don't want the added heat to the house, not to mention the craving for cold icecream on a warm day.  Skip the fatty icecream and make this nicer, cleaner version! Thanks everyone for the support. I really appreciate you all taking the time to read my blog!
Cheers~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment