Monday, March 31, 2014

A biscuit for your thoughts :)

Hey everyone!! I hope you are all enjoying this wonderful weather!! The warmer it gets, the more it reminds me I have got to get my body in shape for summer clothing.  I know I wrote about that in my previous blog, but man it's weighing heavy on my mind.  I also made a promise to myself that I will have abs by my 30th birthday in September. It is 100% possible :) 

With that said, who wants biscuits? Ha ha!

I woke up this morning with the craving for biscuits and gravy. Man, I wanted it bad too. I decided to try my hand in making a cleaner biscuit for my breakfast this morning.  I usually just have eggs and fruit, but today I needed something more.  I decided to settle for just making the biscuits and skipping even trying to make a cleaner gravy, although it can be done ;) I opted to use a yummy, all natural, premium strawberry jelly I picked up last week. 


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup + 2 tbsp. of oat flour
  • 1/2 tbsp. of aluminum free baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. of salt
  • 1/2 tbsp. of agave
  • 1/2 cup of milk of choice
  • 3 tbsp. of oil of choice(I use a good olive oil on these
Method:


Preheat oven at 425 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until a dough forms.  With oat flour, it might not form into a ball like normal flour.  If it's still a little too sticky, add a touch more of flour.  Let it sit for 5 minutes.  Then turn over on an oat floured board (use about 2-3 tbsp. of additional oat flour). Knead the dough 5-6 times until coated with the oat flour.  Pinch off balls of dough and put into an oiled pan. I flattened my biscuits down some before baking.  Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.





You could easily add some mozzarella or garlic powder to this recipe to make a cleaner version of a cheddar biscuit. It would be heavenly I am sure!  I would also suggest even doing some nice herbs in this biscuit to pair with some eggs for breakfast. Yummy!!


I hope you all enjoy this recipe! I sure did! As you see, I enjoyed my biscuits with a small amount of yummy jelly. Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment