Saturday, April 12, 2014

"Fried" Zucchini Cakes

Whew! Life has been busy to say the least!  For those of you who know me, know that I am working for a local author doing her marketing, event coordinating... Well, we recently partnered with one another and are now creating a whole new business.  It will be a bit before we are launched, but this blog will play a big role in what we are doing.  We are starting a media company called New Family Living.  I am in the process of building this from the ground up.  It is requiring a lot of research on my end, a lot more than I anticipated.  But, it's a fun new adventure that is a life changer! :)  I am very blessed with the opportunities I have been given, so I am not complaining one tiny bit! I am busy, but blessed! So, with all that said, I apologize if I don't get my recipes up as frequent as I use to.  I still plan on posting one weekly for you all to enjoy!

Today's post is "fried" zucchini cakes!

I had dinner guests last week and made these for them and they loved them!  They've become one of our favorites too!  Super healthy, super easy, and a great way to incorporate a vegetable into any meal for those who aren't big vegetable eaters!



Yummy!

Ingredients:

  • 2 medium zucchini squash (grated or shredded)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of oat flour
  • 2 minced garlic cloves
  • 1 tsp. of salt
  • 2 tsp. of garlic powder
  • 2 tsp. of onion powder
  • pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp. of good olive oil or sunflower oil to cook them in
Method:

Shred your zucchini.
Mix all ingredients together.
Heat your oil.
Take a good scoop of the mixture in your hand and form it into a patty.  They may feel like they won't stick together, but once you cook them, they will.  Just make sure you pat them together as solidly as you can.
Cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side on medium heat, or until golden brown.


That's it! Pretty darn easy!
 
 
I'm serious.. These things are so easy, and so delicious that you will be making them weekly!
Inexpensive, healthy, and filling!  Oh, and EASY!!
 
As always, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did coming up with it.  Like I said before, we have these at least once a week now! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment