Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tonight's dinner + Strawberry Sundae = happy belly!

I was recently inspired by a blog I follow to create my own Strawberry Sundae for my readers.  In her recipe, she uses all different ingredients, except for the Strawberries.  I didn't have any of her ingredients in my pantry, so I created my own.  It was so good, I had to blog about it.

First, I want to share what we had for dinner.  I've posted about both separately in the past, but tonight I combined the two.  I won't include the recipe here, you'll have to look back in my archives for that :)  Tonight I combined my veggie burger and my zucchini cakes into one meal.  The zucchini cakes served as my bun, and the veggie burger, was well..the burger :)


Now, I will admit I had to remove the top "bun" in order to pick it up and eat it like a burger, but it wasn't as messy as it would appear to be. Even if it were, still try this meal.  It's great!


Now, for the Strawberry Sundae.



Yea. It's that good too.

Ingredients:

3 Frozen Strawberries
1 Frozen Banana
2 tbsp. of milk
1 tbsp. of peanut butter
1  tbsp. of agave nectar
1 regular ice cream cone-optional
1 high fiber brownie-optional

Method:

Throw the first 5 ingredients in your food processor and blend until it forms into an ice cream. Done.
I topped mine with half an ice cream cone and half a high fiber organic brownie(I had some on hand because it's one of the snacks I keep on hand for Sophie-they can be found at whole foods).




This little Strawberry Sundae was seriously better than ice cream. Yes, I am not crazy.  I am a huggggeeeee ice cream fan too.  But this baby will definitely cure the ice cream blues for those of you who are trying to eat a healthy diet.
As always, enjoy folks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment