Thursday, January 16, 2014

Food for the aspiring clean"er" foodies

Ok my people...My first blog post, official blog post, will be about these amazing oatmeal cookies I concocted on my own.. I was tired of craving cookies, ALL THE TIME, while trying to stay on the straight and narrow, so I created these little bites of heaven.

Ingredients:

1 cup of Oats(traditional, not quick)
1 cup of Oat flour (take your oats, throw them in a food processor or blender, grind into a flour or as flour like as possible)
2 tbsp. of RAW honey (raw honey is especially important.  a lot of the honey found on store shelves is so processed, there is no trace of pollen left..which is the good stuff that helps us fight allergies-one of the many benefits of honey)(also buy honey that was made near your hometown, this is especially important also)
2-3 tbsp. of PB2 (PB2 is a powder form of peanut butter, found probably in your stores organic section) (IF you don't have PB2, use 1-2 tbsp. of natural peanut butter)
2 tbsp. of virgin coconut oil-MELTED (Go ahead and buy you some good virgin coconut oil, a lot of my recipes have it in it..and it's ridiculous good for you! I recommend researching the benefits, it'll over weigh the cost..it is around $8 a jar)
1 egg(free range, vegetarian fed eggs are the ONLY way to go... again, do your research on non free range eggs..you may convert :)
1 tsp of baking powder
2 tbsp. of flax seed(optional, but super nutritious)
1/4 cup of pecans, or almonds, or walnuts(optional, but come-on..super yummy! and nutritious!)
1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips(optional for a little extra lovin, but this will add to the calorie count, sugar and fat content that I listed below...I have not calculated this in)

Directions:

Throw it all in a bowl, in no particular order, mix up.  It will be about the consistency of regular cookie dough. Use spoon to scoop up and flatten out in your hand like a cookie shape.. These do not melt down and form like your buttery fatty cookies will.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Once done, eat your heart out.
This whole recipe makes about 12-15 small to medium size cookies. The entire batch is under 400 calories with NO bad fats and NO bad sugars! Try that on with a smile! HELLO SUMMER BODY!!:) 
If this doesn't quench that sugar craving, I can't help you! :)
 
I hope you enjoy!! ~cheers, Amanda!!

1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely be trying these, and getting the B2 stuff and flax seed to add to my pantry:)

    ReplyDelete