Thursday, January 23, 2014

Weekly meals in the Rice house.

Hello everyone.  I hope you have been enjoying my posts and recipes!! I have received an overwhelming response from all my friends and readers!! I love this! I have been asked several times in the past couple of days to post more ideas.  Well, today's post is one that is a true staple in our house...VEGGIE PLATES! Yes.. No special recipe really, but I have two different examples of what I prepare nightly.  I was going to have 4-5 examples for you to follow, but since I've received requests to post asap, I will post what I have. 

When I say veggie plates, I mean VEGGIE PLATES.  No meats.  Only some pastas here and there.  One example in particular I am posting today includes eggrolls. Yes, eggrolls.  If you make them the way I suggest, they are about 15o calories for 2 eggrolls! I sometimes makes eggrolls to go with every meal, every night.  The eggroll wrappers I use are all natural eggroll wrappers and extremely versatile! (picture below) Not only do I make eggrolls with cabbage, onion and carrots inside, but I make the best chicken chimichanga's you'll find! Seriously.  I am saving that post for another day though. Actually, the chimichanga's are on my menu for this weekend, so stay tuned for that post! 


Ok, here is one example of a Veggie plate.  These meals take about 30 minutes total preparation and cooking time. Who doesn't have 30 minutes to make a healthy meal? It seriously can take as little of time that you would take to go to McDonald's or wherever and grab some crappy food. 3o minutes.  Get your kids in the kitchen to help! After all, who can't use more family time in this crazy hectic life we all lead.

 
So, we personally enjoy different salads with our meals.. This night in particular, it consisted of Spinach, avocado, red onions, olives and lemon juice as the dressing. 
 


Here is the completed meal.  Kale and Broccoli were sautéed together in a big pan with just a tiny bit of sunflower oil.  The zucchini was baked for 20 minutes at 350.  Just spear up the zucchini and sprinkle with a tid bit of oil, salt and pepper. Done.  Sautee the veggies for about 20-30 minutes. Done. 


 My  method on the eggrolls is simple.  I finely chop
cabbage, onion, and carrots.  Throw it all in one sauté pan with a tbsp. of sunflower oil, ground ginger(or fresh diced), garlic powder, a dash of salt and pepper, and sraracha! I sometimes throw some honey in with it too. Depends on my mood.  Once the veggie mix is sautéed and softened, remove from heat.  Have your eggroll wrappers ready to be stuffed and folded.  Instructions are on the eggroll wrapper package.  Put about 1 tbsp of oil in your sauté pan and cook on each side until brown all over..as you see above. These babies are going to change your life!  Now, the red sauce you see can be found in the Asian food aisle of your grocery store.  It is red chili sauce.  It's a must. Makes the whole eggroll feel like it's forbidden!  It is 40 calories, no fat, 4 g of sugar per serving(1 tbsp.).  One tbsp. is more than enough for two eggrolls!   I beg of you to buy these eggroll wrappers.  Make this recipe and wait for my next blogs on how to use these heavenly eggroll wrappers. Seriously.  You will NOT regret it!
**This entire meal only has about 400 calories. only 400!!! and hardly any fat. I guarantee you if there's a gram of fat, it's a good one! :)


Now, here is another example of a veggie plate I make often.  Steamed artichoke, Sautéed green beans.  Oven roasted purple potatoes.  Sautéed Red cabbage and an avocado with pico to top it off.  The avocado with pico serves as the salad:) and is super filling.  No real technique required here.  Easy breezy. Like 300-350 calories for this entire meal. Can't beat that!! and incredibly healthy! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment