Thursday, January 16, 2014

Who wants pancakes?

Who wants pancakes? Question is, who doesn't want pancakes?  Now, there are a ton of oat based pancake recipes out there, but this is the one that I have come up for me and my family.  If you are a sugar addict, junk food addict like me, these are sure to quench that craving for yummy pancakes!  These are great as breakfast food or just a snack!  My best friend is a huge pancake eater, and cooks them often for her family.  This is the new recipe for her household as she has adopted more clean eating habits.  I sincerely hope you enjoy!



Ingredients:

1 cup of whole oats
1 cup of oat flour (grind your whole oats down in a blender or processor into a flour)
2 tbsp. of raw honey (in previous post, I explained the importance of raw honey:)
1 cup of milk

2 tbsp. of virgin coconut oil melted(I also explained the importance and health benefit of virgin coconut oil in a previous post)
1 tbsp. of vanilla
1 egg
1 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt
1 tbsp. of cinnamon
1/4 cup of pecan pieces
1/4 cup of blueberries(optional)
1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips(optional) ( only do one or the other..blueberries or chocolate)

Topping:
Toast some pecans 1/4 cup or so(just put pecans in a non stick pan and heat over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, let cool) separate fairly and add on top of each pancake!
1 tbsp of raw honey per pancake
 
Ok! Now, mix all these ingredients in a bowl. Check the consistency, make sure it's the same as your traditional pancake mix..pretty runny.  Heat your griddle or non stick pan and cook until brown on each side.
Top with a drizzle of honey, and a few toasted pecans and oh my!! you'll be forever converted to eating these clean"er" pancakes!

1 comment:

  1. This is delicious! better than regular pancakes, much sweeter and tastier to me!!! the pecans make it soooo yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete